Book Title: Medical School: The Unwritten Curriculum
Author: A J
Written by a senior resident with experience teaching pre-medical and medical students, this is the newest installment to the previous "How to Get Into Medical School: Secrets to Success, A Resident's Perspective," now significantly expanded with new content, including a new mini-medical school section.
Stay a step ahead of your peers.
Applying to and succeeding in medical school has never been tougher and this book serves to give pre-medical and medical students a jump start in whatever stage of the process they are in.
- Comprehensive overview of how to prepare a strong medical school and residency application (volunteering, shadowing, letters of recommendation, etc).
- How to write personal statements and thank you letters, with an example of each.
- Multiple sample interview questions and strategy for acing your medical school or residency interviews and pre-interview dinners.
- Study and book suggestions for the pre-clinical and clinical years of medical school.
- Also included is an extensive mini-medical school section teaching you basic pathology, labs, and medical imaging. Learn the basics of reading a chest radiograph, brain and abdominal CTs and understand how MRI and ultrasound work. Also included is a section with 40 fundamental disease processes along with image rich diagnostic cases with discussions on underlying pathophysiology, treatments and relevant diagnostic imaging.