Book Title: Getting Past Your Past: Take Control of Your Life with Self-Help Techniques from EMDR Therapy
Publisher: Rodale Books
Release Date: 2013-03-26
Author: Francine Shapiro PhD
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy, Third Edition: Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR): Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures, 2nd Edition
- EMDR: The Breakthrough Therapy for Overcoming Anxiety, Stress, and Trauma
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma
- Tapping In: A Step-by-Step Guide to Activating Your Healing Resources Through Bilateral Stimulation
- EMDR: The Breakthrough "Eye Movement" Therapy for Overcoming Anxiety, Stress, and Trauma
- EMDR Toolbox: Theory and Treatment of Complex PTSD and Dissociation
- EMDR Made Simple: 4 Approaches to Using EMDR with Every Client
- EMDR and the Art of Psychotherapy with Children, Second Edition: Infants to Adolescents Treatment Manual
- When There Are No Words: Repairing Early Trauma and Neglect From the Attachment Period With EMDR Therapy
A totally accessible user's guide from the creator of a scientifically proven form of psychotherapy that has successfully treated millions of people worldwide.
Whether we've experienced small setbacks or major traumas, we are all influenced by memories and experiences we may not remember or don't fully understand. Getting Past Your Past
offers practical procedures that demystify the human condition and empower readers looking to achieve real change.
Shapiro, the creator of EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), explains how our personalities develop and why we become trapped into feeling, believing and acting in ways that don't serve us. Through detailed examples and exercises readers will learn to understand themselves, and why the people in their lives act the way they do. Most importantly, readers will also learn techniques to improve their relationships, break through emotional barriers, overcome limitations and excel in ways taught to Olympic athletes, successful executives and performers.
An easy conversational style, humor and fascinating real life stories make it simple to understand the brain science, why we get stuck in various ways and what to do about it. Don't let yourself be run by unconscious and automatic reactions. Read the reviews below from award winners, researchers, academics and best selling authors to learn how to take control of your life.