Book Title: Brain Food: The Surprising Science of Eating for Cognitive Power
Author: Lisa Mosconi PhD
How to eat for maximum brain power and health from an expert in both neuroscience and nutrition.
- Genius Foods: Become Smarter, Happier, and More Productive While Protecting Your Brain for Life
- Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World--and Why Things Are Better Than You Think
- The Terminal List: A Thriller
- Skin in the Game: Hidden Asymmetries in Daily Life
- The Four Pillar Plan: How to Relax, Eat, Move and Sleep Your Way to a Longer, Healthier Life
- Food: What the Heck Should I Eat?
- The Alzheimer's Prevention Food Guide: A Quick Nutritional Reference to Foods That Nourish and Protect the Brain From Alzheimer's Disease
- The Better Brain Solution: How to Start Now--at Any Age--to Reverse and Prevent Insulin Resistance of the Brain, Sharpen Cognitive Function, and Avoid Memory Loss
- This Idea Is Brilliant: Lost, Overlooked, and Underappreciated Scientific Concepts Everyone Should Know
- Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress
Like our bodies, our brains have very specific food requirements. And in this eye-opening book from an author who is both a neuroscientist and a certified integrative nutritionist, we learn what should be on our menu.
Dr. Lisa Mosconi, whose research spans an extraordinary range of specialties including brain science, the microbiome, and nutritional genomics, notes that the dietary needs of the brain are substantially different from those of the other organs, yet few of us have any idea what they might be. Her innovative approach to cognitive health incorporates concepts that most doctors have yet to learn. Busting through advice based on pseudoscience, Dr. Mosconi provides recommendations for a complete food plan, while calling out noteworthy surprises, including why that paleo diet you are following may not be ideal, why avoiding gluten may be a terrible mistake, and how simply getting enough water can dramatically improve alertness.
Including comprehensive lists of what to eat and what to avoid, a detailed quiz that will tell you where you are on the brain health spectrum, and 24 mouth-watering brain-boosting recipes that grow out of Dr. Mosconi's own childhood in Italy, Brain Food
gives us the ultimate plan for a healthy brain. Brain Food
will appeal to anyone looking to improve memory, prevent cognitive decline, eliminate brain fog, lift depression, or just sharpen their edge.